Monday, December 15, 2014

Bar Bikes, Shit Bikes, Townies, and Beaters




People call them lots of names. Here is my shit bike. I think its a 1997 Gary Fisher Wahoo. It's a size too small and pretty ugly. I have something like $150 into it so far. It's got the cheapest slick tires money can buy, some fenders, a FAT saddle, swept bars, and a BADASS folding basket.  It's pretty enduro too with the single chain ring up front and wide range 7 speed cassette in the back. This beauty scoots me to class, work, the grocery store, and the bar. The saddle and handle bars force you into a completely erect riding position which has been optimized to make you appear like a total boner. Who is the boner when you come rolling up on this bad boy with a basket full of shitty beer and ringing your bell? I am. My friends make fun of me while I'm on it, but when I offer them a ride they can't help but smile. With all of these amazing features I can't help but recommend building a cheap bar bike of you own. Make it shitty, but not that shitty. Like functionally shitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment